Responsible to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks as assigned by the appropriate department. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate project/departmental workflow ensuring deadlines are met including tracking, recording process and running reports
• Answer and direct phone calls/email as directed
• Organize and schedule appointments
• Plan meetings and take detailed minutes, track attendees
• Data Entry
• Arrange/setup conference/video calls
• Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters and forms
• Develop power point presentation when requested
• Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
• Develop and maintain a filing system (electronic/physical)
• Update and maintain office policies and procedures
• Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
• Maintain contact lists
• Book travel arrangements
• Submit and reconcile expense reports
• Handles confidential information
• Provide general support to visitors
• Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
• Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers
• Promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative, and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff, and external customers.
• Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Proven experience as an administrative assistant, or office admin assistant
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and other machines
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel); scheduling appointments/updating calendars a must.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; proficient in grammar, spelling and editing; and foster communications with business professionals and EDA staff
• Ability to prioritize workload, must be highly organized, detail-oriented, handle various tasks simultaneously and work independently within limited time constrains with little or no supervision
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality and deal effectively and diplomatically with business professionals and EDA staff
• Demonstrates respectful behavior and promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new software packages
Education and Experience Requirements
• High School degree
• Additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary preferred
Advanced degree or industry specific certification may be substituted for 1 year of experience
• As necessary to events, meetings, businesses, etc.
Certificates and Licenses Required
• Valid driver’s license
The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job description. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope, general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Your employment at NJEDA is voluntary and subject to termination by you or NJEDA at will, with or without cause, or with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to conflict, eliminate or modify the employment-at-will status of NJEDA employees.
NJEDA reserves the right to amend/revise this job description as necessary to meet current and changing business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
• Must comply with the “New Jersey First Act” which requires employees hired after September 1, 2011 to reside in New Jersey. Non-New Jersey resident employees must relocate to New Jersey within one year of their date of hire and provide proof of residency to Human Resources.
• Must complete an Outside Activity Questionnaire (disclosure of outside office or employment) on an annual basis.