Provides credit and administrative support to the Finance and Bond Portfolio Management Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter company financial statements in Moody’s, prepare spreads, and generating and filing trend and ratio analysis reports. Completes financial statement checklists to identify potential credit risk.
- CRM maintenance, but not limited to generating letters to request financial statements and tracks received financial statements.
- Prepare credit files, financial statements, and loan and grant documents to be sent for scanning to EDA’s document management systems. Prepare, log and track scanned documents to be archived off-site.
- Processes insurance certificates required under EDA’s loan and guarantee projects, including sending reminder letters and follows up as needed with customers and insurance brokers, and replying to related inquiries. Identifies related project information for received certificates. Reviews insurance certificates and enters required information into internal information management systems.
- Monitors and tracks compliance requirements in CRM bond tracking system for outstanding conduit tax-exempt bonds such as arbitrage rebate reports and annual compliance certificates
- Researches and updates status of bond borrower in CRM including redemption requests and payoff verification at bond maturity.
- Promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative, and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff, and external customers.
- Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Literate in English; proficient in grammar, spelling and editing
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; and foster communications with business professionals and EDA staff
· Ability to prioritize workload, must be highly organized, detail-oriented, handle various tasks simultaneously and work independently within limited time constrains with little or no supervision
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and deal effectively and diplomatically with business professionals and EDA staff
- Demonstrates respectful behavior and promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Outlook and Word) and the ability to learn new software packages ( Moody’s, CRM)
Education and Experience Requirements
· High School graduate; some college preferred
· Basic understanding of accounting and business, ability to develop credit analysis skills
· Experience in a bank credit or lending department preferred
Advanced degree or industry specific certification may be substituted for 1 year of experience
· Ability to move paper files, and banker boxes
· As necessary to events, meetings, businesses, etc.
Certificates and Licenses Required
· Valid driver’s license
The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job description. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope, general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Your employment at NJEDA is voluntary and subject to termination by you or NJEDA at will, with or without cause, or with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to conflict, eliminate or modify the employment-at-will status of NJEDA employees.
NJEDA reserves the right to amend/revise this job description as necessary to meet current and changing business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
· Must comply with the “New Jersey First Act” which requires employees hired after September 1, 2011 to reside in New Jersey. Non-New Jersey resident employees must relocate to New Jersey within one year of their date of hire and provide proof of residency to Human Resources.
· Must complete an Outside Activity Questionnaire (disclosure of outside office or employment) on an annual basis.