Collaborate with a team of highly motivated financial professionals, who are passionate about supporting and advancing New Jersey’s innovation economy via a suite of Innovation Programs.
The successful candidate will assist the administration of Innovation Programs including activities around data management and integrity as well as performance tracking and reporting. The position will also participate in the planning and development of new Innovation Programs. Additionally, a successful candidate will interact directly with stakeholders to gather intelligence and build relationships in support of sustainable economic development policy.
The applicant should have a first-hand insight of program management, business development, relationship management, government operations, as well as corporate financial and investment knowledge.
An Intern will receive exposure to New Jersey’s Innovation Economy which would include the emerging technology and biotechnology community. This internship is designed to prepare students for a fast-paced business environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Innovation Programs Director and Staff with their efforts to market and manage the department’s suite of Innovation Programs.
- Participate and/ or lead reviews of items like program websites, applications, and procedures to ensure accuracy and compliance adherence.
- Performs periodical statistical analysis and activity memorandums regarding the status of Innovation Programs. This would include work within various computer systems to perform functions like report generation and data accuracy. Capable of updating and maintaining these systems and/or interact with relevant team members with this access and ability. If these do not currently existing, development of methods and tools to accomplish tasks would be excepted.
- Promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative, and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff, and external customers.
- Coordinate planning, development and pursue outreach to establish and maintain relationships with potential corporate partners, investors and early-stage businesses.
- Learn and utilize the EDA’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database per departmental standards including populating key application data in various CRM records
- Attends weekly team meetings. Provides relevant updates to report progress and achievements.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
Required Skills and Abilities
- Advanced skills in research
- Ability to work with various excel spreadsheets and software applications
- Initiative and creativity
- Interest in policy and legal framework development / investment analysis and execution
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; proficient in grammar, spelling and editing; and foster communications with business professionals and EDA staff
- Ability to prioritize workload, be highly organized, detail-oriented, handle various tasks simultaneously, and work independently within limited time constraints with little or no supervision
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and deal effectively and diplomatically with business professionals and EDA staff
- Demonstrate respectful behavior and promote teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new software packages
- Must reside in New Jersey for the summer
- Preference for a graduate student who attends a New Jersey domiciled College/University
- Must be available to work full time starting on June 1st and with very limited time off through August 10th
- Studies focused in accounting, business administration, finance, economics, economic development, and/or related field; Minimum GPA 3.0
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Ability to think and work independently
- Capable of handling a large workload
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Word and Excel for Windows as well as experience a variety of computer systems
- Must be detail oriented and a team player
Work Location: Commercialization Center for Innovative Technologies (CCIT) in North Brunswick/Remote
Certificates and Licenses Required
The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job description. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope, general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Your employment at NJEDA is voluntary and subject to termination by you or NJEDA at will, with or without cause, or with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to conflict, eliminate or modify the employment-at-will status of NJEDA employees.
NJEDA reserves the right to amend/revise this job description as necessary to meet current and changing business needs.