NJ Transit 2021 Summer Internship
Seeking Assistant OPRA Specialist Intern
(Partial Remote /Onsite)
Please apply through the link and not through Handshake!
At NJ Transit, we believe innovation starts with our customers. We are the third-largest transportation agency in North America and fully committed to delivering safe and reliable services that can get customers to their desired destinations on time. This tactic has driven our success in developing real-world solutions that affect many individuals lives every day. We are looking to hire talented students for our Summer Internship Program who can help initiate our solution-based business model to the next level. As an intern at NJ Transit, you will oversee projects from concepts to completion. Our interns step away from the regular sitting at the desk to having the opportunity at hands-on experience with several other business units within NJ Transit. Our ideal candidate is passionate about learning and using creative solutions to make an impact on the lives of others every day.
Objective of this role:
· Respond to Open Public Records Act requests, Prepare formal correspondence
· Responds to Subpoenas and various legal inquiries on behalf of the Agency
· Processes invoices and payments, maintain database of statutorily required service list for public hearing/public notice process
· Log and maintains tracking system for all legal documents served upon the Agency and track legal documents to ensure it is answered in accordance with legal timeframe
· Performs confidential administrative tasks and special projects including research, investigations, archiving files, and updating active files
Skills and Qualifications:
· Working towards a degree in Criminal Justice (Sophomore, Junior, or Graduate Student).
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal skills, must possess good writing, be able to multitask, prioritize work, and must be able to complete deadlines
· Proficient in software applications, such as Microsoft Office Suites. Outlook Calendar manager
· Some knowledge Open Public Records Act Law
· Experience or interest in working in a legal environment
· Other job responsibilities as required.
When applying please complete the entire application; any incomplete applications will not be considered. Also, please upload your resume and cover letter to be considered when applying.
Hourly Rate: $12-$22
To apply click here:
Move forward with us at NJ Transit!
FORBES LIST OF AMERICA’S BEST EMPLOYERS 2018
New Jersey Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer