NJ Transit 2021 Summer Internship
Seeking Contract Administration Intern
At NJ Transit, we believe innovation starts with our customers. We are the third-largest transportation agency in North America and fully committed to delivering safe and reliable services that can get customers to their desired destinations on time. This tactic has driven our success in developing real-world solutions that affect many individuals lives every day. We are looking to hire talented students for our Summer Internship Program who can help initiate our solution-based business model to the next level. As an intern at NJ Transit, you will oversee projects from concepts to completion. Our interns step away from the regular sitting at the desk to having the opportunity at hands-on experience with several other business units within NJ Transit. Our ideal candidate is passionate about learning and using creative solutions to make an impact on the lives of others every day.
Objective of this role:
· Conduct data analytics, including spend analysis across multiple NJ Transit departments
· Assistance in the procurement process relating to the Request for Proposals (RFP), Invitations for Bids (IFB), Procurement by Exceptions (PBE), Request for Quotes (RFQ) and the Procurement Intake Unite functions (PIU)
· Engage Procurement leadership and internal stakeholders through project explorations and strategic collaborations
· Conduct market research and identify sources of material/supplies
· Participate in assignments to obtain departmental knowledge of NJ Transit systems, processes, and goals
Skills and Qualifications:
· Working towards a degree in Business, Finance, Communications or Marketing (Sophomore, Junior, or Graduate Student must be registered for Fall 2021)
· Proficient in Microsoft office software
· Must be goal orientated, organized, and motivated to learn
· Communication, writing aptitude and able to make presentations
· Shadow procurement personnel in relation to the contract process suppliers/contractors
This role is for someone who can handle ambiguity, thrives on unexpected challenges and enjoys being a part of winning team It is essential that he/she aims to be polished, articulate professional who has a desire to understand centralized procurement operations.
When applying please complete the entire application; any incomplete applications will not be considered. Also, please upload your resume and cover letter to be considered when applying.
Hourly Rate: $12-$22
To apply click here:
Move forward with us at NJ Transit!
FORBES LIST OF AMERICA’S BEST EMPLOYERS 2018
New Jersey Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer