NJ Transit 2021 Summer Internship
Seeking Cyber Security Risk Intern
At NJ Transit, we believe innovation starts with our customers. We are the third-largest transportation agency in North America and fully committed to delivering safe and reliable services that can get customers to their desired destinations on time. This tactic has driven our success in developing real-world solutions that affect many individuals lives every day. We are looking to hire talented students for our Summer Internship Program who can help initiate our solution-based business model to the next level. As an intern at NJ Transit, you will oversee projects from concepts to completion. Our interns step away from the regular sitting at the desk to having the opportunity at hands-on experience with several other business units within NJ Transit. Our ideal candidate is passionate about learning and using creative solutions to make an impact on the lives of others every day.
Objective of this role:
· Implementing security projects architected to secure NJ Transit Information & Digital Technology systems
· Assist in daily activities working with NJ Transit’s Cyber Security Team and contribute to increasing process efficiencies
· Document procedures spanning various Cyber Security domains
· Provide support as directed by management
· Recommend improvements with automation where needed
· Interact with engineering teams across NJ Transit’s Office of Information & Digital Technology
Skills and Qualifications:
· Working towards a degree in Computer Science or Stem Majors (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Graduate Student. Grad student must be enrolled for Fall 2021 in order to be considered).
· Work effectively with your team to identify security problems and improve the security aspects of their service(s)
· Assess risks that could affect the integrity, availability, or confidentiality of data, systems, or services
· Troubleshoot, research the root cause of, and resolve security or risk issues with guidance
· Classify, store, and handle data in accordance with policy or best practices
· Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
· Good written and verbal communications
· Other job responsibilities as required
When applying please complete the entire application; any incomplete applications will not be considered. Also, please upload your resume and cover letter to be considered when applying.
Hourly Rate: $12-$22
To apply click here:
Move forward with us at NJ Transit!
FORBES LIST OF AMERICA’S BEST EMPLOYERS 2018
New Jersey Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer