Forbes List of America’s Best Employers 2018
Move Forward with us! At NJ TRANSIT, you’ll join us in transforming the third-largest transportation agency in North America. We are committed to delivering safe, reliable service that gets our customers to their destinations on time- and we’re looking to hire talented folks with a commitment to excellence.
Right now, we are looking for a Part-time/Year-Round Field Technician to join our team.
- Environmental field sampling experience, desired.
- Background in Environmental Science or related degree, desired.
- Valid State-issued driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Basic knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- The successful candidate is expected to work a minimum of 16 and maximum of 30 hours, 4-5 days per week, from Monday through Friday, and hours between 6 AM to 6 PM. A minimum of 4 hours attendance is required on the days the candidate reports to work.
- This position requires a 2+ year commitment due to the intensive and long-term training required to adequately perform the varied tasks.
- Good communication, writing, computer and organizational skills are essential for this position.
- Task training will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Field sampling of industrial wastewater from NJ Transit sites located throughout New Jersey and Rockland County, New York using NJ Transit Fleet vehicles;
- Data entry of water quality results and other information into the corporate database system;
- Preparation and submittal of wastewater discharge reporting forms to the NJ Department of Environmental Protection and to local sewer authorities.
- Calibration of pH monitoring equipment.
- Air compliance recordkeeping, data entry; and routine visits to bus, rail and corporate facilities;
- Train new Part-Time/Temporary Employees on various tasks.
- Miscellaneous clerical tasks.
- $20-$25 per hour for candidates, depending on prior work experience.
- This position does not provide health insurance.
- This position does accrue sick time at a rate of 1 hour per 30 hours worked.
- NJ Transit ID may be used for free travel on NJ Transit bus, light rail and rail transportation.
- Eligible to participate in internal training for professional development, free of charge.
- Eligible to participate in programs offered by the Medical Services Dept., free of charge, such as flu shots and periodic health screenings offered during Health Fairs.
At NJ TRANSIT we support and depend upon the diversity of our staff. NJ TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.