At NJ Transit, we believe innovation starts with our customers. We are the third-largest transportation agency in North America and fully committed to delivering safe and reliable services that can get customers to their desired destinations on time. This tactic has driven our success in developing real-world solutions that affect many individuals lives every day. We are looking to hire talented students for our Summer Internship Program who can help initiate our solution-based business model to the next level. As an intern at NJ Transit, you will oversee projects from concepts to completion. Our interns step away from the regular sitting at the desk to having the opportunity at hands-on experience with several other business units within NJ Transit. Our ideal candidate is passionate about learning and using creative solutions to make an impact on the lives of others every day.
IT Part Time Helpdesk Analyst
NJ Transit is search for an energetic Year-round paid intern that will provide desktop support (tier 2) for approximately 150 NJ Transit locations throughout the state.Key Responsibilities:
- PC and Laptop installation and replacement, installation of network printers, break/fix, troubleshooting network connectivity problems, software installation, configuration and support.
- Troubleshooting mobile devices
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Inventory and disposition of old computer equipment.
- Valid driver’s license
- Good communications skills
- Knowledge of computer software/hardware
- Demonstrate knowledge of Windows 7/10, including installation and configuration
- Demonstration of PC/Laptop hardware components.
- Familiarity with office products including Outlook.
- Travel from our Maplewood facility to various field locations (Company car will be provided)
- Must be able to work during normal business hours with a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Move forward with us at NJ Transit!
FORBES LIST OF AMERICA’S BEST EMPLOYERS 2018
New Jersey Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer