NJ Transit 2021 Summer Internship
Seeking a Materials and Planning Intern
At NJ Transit, we believe innovation starts with our customers. We are the third-largest transportation agency in North America and fully committed to delivering safe and reliable services that can get customers to their desired destinations on time. This tactic has driven our success in developing real-world solutions that affect many individuals lives every day. We are looking to hire talented students for our Summer Internship Program who can help initiate our solution-based business model to the next level. As an intern at NJ Transit, you will oversee projects from concepts to completion. Our interns step away from the regular sitting at the desk to having the opportunity at hands-on experience with several other business units within NJ Transit. Our ideal candidate is passionate about learning and using creative solutions to make an impact on the lives of others every day.
Objective of this role:
· Conduct data analytics, including spend analysis across multiple NJ Transit departments
· Assistance in the procurement process relating to the acquisition/disposal of materials and commodities
· Assistance in supply chain replenishments and logistics of product
· Engage Procurement leadership and internal stakeholders through project explorations and strategic collaborations
· Conduct market research and identify sources of material/supplies
· Participate in assignments to obtain departmental knowledge of NJ Transit systems, processes, and goals
Skills and Qualifications:
· Working towards a degree in Business, Finance, Communications or Marketing (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Graduate Student who must be enrolled for Fall 2021)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Software
· Communication, writing aptitude and able to make presentations
· Shadow procurement personnel in relation to the contract process suppliers/contractors
· He/she must be a team player and have a passion for exceptional customer service while understanding the value of developing, profession relationship with Management
· The candidate should also demonstrate a strong level of intellectual curiosity – NJ Transit s looking to mold the next generation or procurement innovators
When applying please complete the entire application; any incomplete applications will not be considered. Also, please upload your resume and cover letter to be considered when applying.
Hourly Rate: $12-$22
To apply click here:
Move forward with us at NJ Transit!
FORBES LIST OF AMERICA’S BEST EMPLOYERS 2018
New Jersey Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer