DO NOT APPLY THROUGH HANDSHAKE
APPLY THROUGH LINK ATTACHED
NJ Transit 2022 Spring- Summer Internship
Seeking ALL Human Resources or Psychology Majors
At NJ Transit, we believe innovation starts with our customers. We are the third-largest transportation agency in North America and fully committed to delivering safe and reliable services that can get customers to their desired destinations on time. This tactic has driven our success in developing real-world solutions that affect many individuals lives every day. We are looking to hire talented students for our Summer Internship Program who can help initiate our solution-based business model to the next level. As an intern at NJ Transit, you will oversee projects from concepts to completion. Our interns step away from the regular sitting at the desk to having the opportunity at hands-on experience with several other business units within NJ Transit. Our ideal candidate is passionate about learning and using creative solutions to make an impact on the lives of others every day.
Objective of this role:
The intern would be exposed to all areas and functions of Strategic Staffing, however focusing mainly on the internship program. The intern will assist in the following:
• Play an essential role in assisting with the on-boarding process of 70+ summer interns. This will consist of virtual meetings with new/returning interns; tracking their progress from job offer to start /end date; checking accuracy of documents before sent to background; coordinate all necessary meet and greet events for new interns.
• Assist the unit with tracking of large volume of incoming intern resumes through applicant tracking system; Communicating with students to ensure completion of applications; reviewing over 2000 student resumes/applications to share with managers. These students were met at various virtual job fairs and virtual info sessions.
• Coordinating with new interns regarding all events Q&A, Welcome Week etc. to ensure the day runs smoothly.
• Coordinating all job fairs with event staff; updating calendars for all attendees.
• Completing all HRM1’s for off boarding and salary increase for interns.
• Updating databases daily by use of excel, word, target recruit (i.e. college contacts, military contacts, DOL contacts, job fairs and students resume).
Skills and Qualifications:
Seeking Human Resources , Psychology or related major. The candidates must be well versed with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word; strong data entry experience and familiar with career service platforms. Candidates must have strong communication and strong organization skills, good attention to detail and be able to multi-task.
• Must be able to make presentations to groups of 20-50 students
• Friendly, energetic, and ability to learn quickly.
• Must enjoy working face pace setting and meeting new people; extroverted with strong relationship-building skills
• Must be able to attend job fair after hours and offsite when needed and demonstrate strong Computer skills and tech savvy is a plus
THIS POSITION IS PART IN SPRING AND FULL TIME IN SUMMER
Move forward with us at NJ Transit!
FORBES LIST OF AMERICA’S BEST EMPLOYERS 2021
New Jersey Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When applying please complete the entire application; any incomplete applications will not be considered. Also, please upload your resume and cover letter to be considered when applying.
Hourly Rate: $12-$22
To apply click here: