NJ Transit 2021 Summer Internship
Seeking a Paralegal Interns
At NJ Transit, we believe innovation starts with our customers. We are the third-largest transportation agency in North America and fully committed to delivering safe and reliable services that can get customers to their desired destinations on time. This tactic has driven our success in developing real-world solutions that affect many individuals lives every day. We are looking to hire talented students for our Summer Internship Program who can help initiate our solution-based business model to the next level. As an intern at NJ Transit, you will oversee projects from concepts to completion. Our interns step away from the regular sitting at the desk to having the opportunity at hands-on experience with several other business units within NJ Transit. Our ideal candidate is passionate about learning and using creative solutions to make an impact on the lives of others every day.
Objective of this role:
• Assists in the research of recent changes in state and federal drug and alcohol regulations
• Assists in the drafting of Drug and Alcohol (D & A) corporate policies
• Assists in the preparation of the policies revision plan and responsible to keep track of all the changes in the corporate policies
• Proofreads the D & A corporate policies draft and review cited section of the regulations
• Maintains and organizes information related to changes of the policies
• Assists Director and Sr. Director in the drafting of proposed changes to the policy., which assistance may include the gathering of documents from various departments within NJ TRANSIT
• Meet and confer with Medical Department, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Bus and Rail Labor Relations and Employee Relations regarding proposed changes to the policies
• Follows up on matters and request of changes to the D & A Policies from NJ Transit departments
Skills and Qualifications:
• Working towards an approved Paralegal training course or 1st year Law Student
(Freshman, Sophomore, Junior).
• Proficient in software applications, such as Microsoft Office
• Dependable, able to work well with other people as well as follow directions properly.
• Other job responsibilities as required.
When applying please complete the entire application; any incomplete applications will not be considered. Also, please upload your resume and cover letter to be considered when applying.
Hourly Rate: $12-$22
To apply click here:
Move forward with us at NJ Transit!
FORBES LIST OF AMERICA’S BEST EMPLOYERS 2018