NJ Transit 2021 Summer Internship
Seeking Purchasing Specialist
At NJ Transit, we believe innovation starts with our customers. We are the third-largest transportation agency in North America and fully committed to delivering safe and reliable services that can get customers to their desired destinations on time. This tactic has driven our success in developing real-world solutions that affect many individuals lives every day. We are looking to hire talented students for our Summer Internship Program who can help initiate our solution-based business model to the next level. As an intern at NJ Transit, you will oversee projects from concepts to completion. Our interns step away from the regular sitting at the desk to having the opportunity at hands-on experience with several other business units within NJ Transit. Our ideal candidate is passionate about learning and using creative solutions to make an impact on the lives of others every day.
Objective of this role:
· Solicits verbal and written quotations for the purchase of assigned commodities and services
· Effectively communicates with suppliers, purchasing staff and other internal departments to develop and review requisition requirements
· Complete and close out Purchase Order files
· Conduct market research and identify sources of material/supplies
· Assist in the procurement process relating to Request for Quotes, Supplier Requests and Contract Assignments
Skills and Qualifications:
· Working towards a degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Supply Chain or related (Junior, or Graduate Student must be registered for Fall 2021.
· Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, Excel and Word
· High level of customer service and initiative
· Well organized ad motivated to see the procurement process through
Excellent follow-up skills
· Other job responsibilities as required
When applying please complete the entire application; any incomplete applications will not be considered. Also, please upload your resume and cover letter to be considered when applying.
Hourly Rate: $12-$22
To apply click here:
Move forward with us at NJ Transit!
FORBES LIST OF AMERICA’S BEST EMPLOYERS 2018
New Jersey Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer