NJ Transit 2021 Summer Internship
Seeking State of Good Repair Real Estate Intern
At NJ Transit, we believe innovation starts with our customers. We are the third-largest transportation agency in North America and fully committed to delivering safe and reliable services that can get customers to their desired destinations on time. This tactic has driven our success in developing real-world solutions that affect many individuals lives every day. We are looking to hire talented students for our Summer Internship Program who can help initiate our solution-based business model to the next level. As an intern at NJ Transit, you will oversee projects from concepts to completion. Our interns step away from the regular sitting at the desk to having the opportunity at hands-on experience with several other business units within NJ Transit. Our ideal candidate is passionate about learning and using creative solutions to make an impact on the lives of others every day.
Objective of this role:
· Assists State of Good Repair department, the Real Estate Sr. Director, and Program Manager
· Support staff with their daily responsibilities
· Review and analyze of property records including legal real estate agreements as deeds, leases, licenses, operating agreements, maps and title reports and documents to identify, extract and organize key terms for data entry
· Reconcile with real estate maps and survey and tax databases including records with county registrar
· Assists staff to verify accuracy of data entered into the SGRP file databases through the input of data and verifying NJT real estate data from internal and external research resources and tools such as County, State, Municipal and real estate databases
Skills and Qualifications:
· Working towards a degree in Real Estate, Finance or Business with Real Estate (Sophomore, Junior, or Graduate Student).
· Self-motivated and willing to learn, studying law or work experience in mortgage processing, title agency, financial institution, or work whose primary function is real estate research, title documentation, and / or legal matters
· Proficiency in the ability to analyze and interpret contract documents and review and evaluate real estate records is also preferred
· Strong presentation and written skills with organizational skills are preferred as is a proficiency in Microsoft Suites, Power Point, with Primavera suite of application and knowledge
· Knowledge of scheduling software beneficial
· Other job responsibilities as required.
When applying please complete the entire application; any incomplete applications will not be considered. Also, please upload your resume and cover letter to be considered when applying.
Hourly Rate: $12-$22
To apply click here:
Move forward with us at NJ Transit!
FORBES LIST OF AMERICA’S BEST EMPLOYERS 2018
New Jersey Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer