CONTACT CENTER / CUSTOMER SERVICE PROFESSIONAL
“You work for NJM? That’s a great company!” If you’re hired at NJM, you’ll hear it over and over again from friends, family and neighbors. Why? Because NJM is committed to providing its customers with superior service, and great service goes a long way. Why else is NJM called a great company? Because our employees enjoy working here, are appreciated, and are provided with a terrific benefits plan. Employees who are hired at NJM often stay at NJM – many for the duration of their careers.
At NJM, a top-rated insurance company, our Personal Lines department is currently interviewing for Personal Lines Representatives to work in our Contact Center (Call Center) at our West Trenton location. Personal Lines Representatives answer and respond to inbound telephone calls from prospective and current policyholders. Provide assistance and superior customer service while determining coverage and administering transactions.
Formal training is provided for this full time position. Due to NJM’s commitment to creating a safe work environment during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is anticipated that the pre-licensing training and the employee orientation period for this position will be done remotely from home. At a later date, it will be required that this position perform their duties on-site when deemed appropriate to do so.
The following schedules are available:
Monday-Friday 9:45am to 6pm with Sun. & one other day off (either T, W, F) Every Sat. 8:30am to 4:45pm
Monday-Thursday 10:45am to 7pm with Friday & Sunday off Every Sat. 8:30am to 4:45pm
Monday-Friday Delayed 12:45pm to 9:00pm plus 1 Sat per month 8:30am to 4:45pm
- Respond accurately and effectively to an equitable proportion of telephone inquiries from prospective and current policyholders
- Complete necessary follow ups and workflow transactions in a timely and efficient manner
- Provide quality assistance and customer service in a professional and timely manner
- Navigate in a computerized environment to access appropriate information to service the policyholder
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a home high-speed internet connection and a landline telephone
- Working knowledge of computers including accurate keyboarding skills
- Must have a quiet home workspace free of noise and distraction
- Superior listening skills
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Previous call center experience handling inbound calls is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- PL Producer’s Authority preferred
- If not currently licensed, must pass the Producer’s exam (Initial training will be provided prior to exam)
- Bilingual skills are a plus
NJM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is fully representative of the diversity that exists in the communities in which we do business.