There’s never been a better time to join NJM! With a nationally ranked reputation for outstanding customer service and a history that spans more than a century, NJM is a leading provider of worker’s compensation, automobile and homeowners insurance in New Jersey. It is an exciting time to join NJM as we are expanding into other states.
Become a member of our team and you’ll be part of company who operates for the sole benefit of its policyholders and is committed to maintaining the highest levels of service. Team members are offered a competitive compensation package and benefits including: a 401k plan, health coverage, a generous paid time off plan, and much more!
The Financial Reporting Staff Accountant will serve as a key member of the Accounting Department’s Financial Reporting Section reporting directly to the Financial Reporting Manager. This role will be responsible for preparing and reporting accurate and timely financial information.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements, supporting schedules, other management reports and regulatory reports for assigned companies
• Perform analysis of financial statements
• Assist with development and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures including research of new accounting transactions by utilizing available technology and other resources
• Assist internal, external, and regulatory auditors in retrieving requested documentation
• Perform special projects as required or requested
• Review and analyze tasks to identify potential operational efficiencies and automated solutions for manual processes
Required Qualifications and Experience :
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required
• 0-3 years of accounting experience
• Strong understanding of general accounting principles
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point)
• Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent organizational skills, with attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Proficient communication skills, both verbal and written, presentation and interpersonal skills