*Note: NJY Camps has Arts positions available in Ceramics Hand Building, Ceramics Wheel, Arts & Crafts, Painting & Drawing, Woodshop, Makerspace, Culinary Arts, Model Making & Rocketry, Candle-Making, Jewelry, and more!
Specialists Report To:
1) Head & Assistant Head(s) of Area for Specialty Responsibilities
2) Division Head for Divisional Responsibilities
I. Areas of Responsibility (Within Your Shop)
• Prepare lesson plans for the upcoming summer utilizing the activity sign-up calendar • Provide list of necessary supplies for ordering
• Set up your shop ensuring safety and organization
• Manage all equipment in the shop/area
• Stimulate, guide and involve counselors who come to the specialty area with campers • Work directly with campers during activity or bunk periods
• Maintain cleanliness of your shop/activity area
• Prepare a reflective analysis of your program at the end of the season
II. Bunk responsibilities
• Specialty counselors live in bunks with campers. They are expected to share in the responsibilities of caring for the children in the bunk (i.e. wake-up routines,
clean-up, bedtime routines, and mealtimes) and other program involvement as per Division Head.
• Hours are determined by the Resident Director and will include morning, afternoon and some evenings.
• Participation in the night duty schedule as assigned.
III. Dress Code
• All specialists are required to dress appropriately for their specialty area (i.e Sneakers at Athletics). Closed toed shoes are required at all times.