Description: Tax Staff Accountant Intern/ Part-Time/ Full-time
Location: New York City
We are looking to hire a Tax Staff Accountant to join our team who will help with the preparation of tax returns and assist with related client tax matters. The ideal candidate will have experience in tax return preparation, a solid understanding of common tax rules and regulations, and will be knowledgeable in accounting principles. This candidate should either have a CPA license or be CPA minded.
- Prepare tax accounting adjustments and financial statements for individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts, and estates.
- Prepare personal, corporate, partnership, and estate/trust tax returns
- Understand client tax issues and situations and assist with tax research
- Assist with IRS issues and drafting responses to governmental correspondence
- Prepare Payroll tax returns for state and federal reporting
- Assist other team members with accounting responsibilities as necessary
- Understanding of tax concepts related to individuals, C Corporations, S Corporations, Partnerships, estates, and trusts
- 2-5 years of tax experience with a public accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business field
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, QuickBooks along with tax preparation software such as BNA and Pro-System.
- Ability to interact and communicate with clients (written, verbal, and in-person)
- Ability to analyze issues, perform research, and demonstrate critical thinking to apply recommendations
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is an asset.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Self-motivator with excellent organization skills
NKSFB is an Equal Opportunity Employer
I have read this job description and completely understand my duties and responsibilities. I am able to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. If I have any questions about job duties not specified in this description that I am asked to perform, I will discuss them with my immediate supervisor or Human Resources.
Signed: _____________________________ Date: __________________________