Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
The successful candidate will work in a team of highly motivated and talented software engineers, responsible for delivering new capabilities on the 7750 Service Router (SR) in Nokia’s IP Division. The Nokia 7750 SR product family provides high-performance networking which helps businesses stay ahead of evolving service demands driven by the cloud, LTE/5G, and the Internet of Things. Work on the world’s highest quality IP router and be part of a team which truly cares and has a passion to win.
Positions are located in Naperville, Il and Mountain View, CA for Spring 2021. Relocation will not be offered.
What you’ll do:
- Gain hands on experience in industry leading technology related to routing, switching or mobile core
- Work on data center and virtualization technologies
- Work with teams that build and test terabit speed routers
- Work with and learn industry standard DevOps tools like git, Nagios etc
- Contribute to product codebase or automation harness using C, C++, Python and Tcl
- Work on customer testbeds using traffic generators and protocol emulators
- Learn to work in a professional environment
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or a related degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Solid programming skills (C, C++. Python or TCL/TK an asset)
- Knowledge of basic networking including OSI layer, TCP/IP
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments
- Strong analytical / troubleshooting skills
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner, self starter, able to work independently
- Available to work from the Mountain View, CA office or Naperville , IL office
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or military status, or other characteristics protected by law.