As a Machine Learning Intern, you will be working with a team of Machine Learning professionals who apply various cutting-edge machine learning and statistical techniques to real-life use-cases and provide actionable insights to the business. You will have the opportunity of working with Norfolk Southern’s big data analytics platform and mine massive amounts of data using various toolsets like R, Python, Spark, TensorFlow, Keras, OpenCV, Hive, etc.
- Design, develop, and implement novel computer vision algorithms for unique use cases.
- Design and build novel/custom CNN architectures.
- Evaluate accuracy and quality of the designed models as well as data sources.
- Stay up to date with the latest models and changes in the technology.
- Design and develop production ready code.
- Communicate results and implications to colleagues and business partners.
- Coordinate with application development teams to integrate developed models with existing applications.
- Excellent knowledge of Python programing (numpy, scipy, pandas, sklearn, scikit-image, matplotlib)
- Hands-on experience with TensorFlow, Keras and/or PyTorch
- Hands-on experience with image processing using Deep Learning (semantic segmentation, object detection, classification)
- Familiarity with various CNN architectures (VGG, ResNet, MobileNet, YOLO, Faster RCNN, etc)
- Experience with traditional image processing techniques (e.g. use of OpenCV, skimage)
Masters’ required, Ph.D. preferred in following fields:
Preferred Majors: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering – Statistics, Engineering – Systems Engineering, Mathematical Sciences – Applied Mathematics, or Physics
Must be able to work 40 hours a week in our Atlanta office for 3 months during Fall 2021.
Graduate Student – $3,666/month
*Living stipend of $850/month is available to those who qualify.
*Sponsorship may be available to those who qualify.
Shift Work: No
Weekend Work: No
Travel Required: occasionally