Who We Are
We are North Node, a social impact tech startup on the heels of a beta launch at its early development stages, and Fordham Foundry Social Innovation 2020 winner. North Node is an innovative mobile app and web-based platform connecting volunteers and non-profit organizations. Our mission is to provide a user-friendly fun unique experience enabling socially conscious individuals to develop authentic connections and pull them into a welcoming philanthropic community.
At North Node, we have an exciting opportunity for full-time college students who are interested in a career in Social Media Marketing. We offer aspiring marketing professionals and entrepreneurs a nourishing environment that uplifts with knowledge, contacts, resources, support, and a CHANCE to try out and grow your skill set through our collaborative team experience. Here we can grow together.
Who You Are
You are a dynamic college student with vision, intellect, an entrepreneurial spirit and a rich grasp of the social media landscape, who is passionate about social innovation and is looking for an exciting, creative environment where you can expand your skills and have the freedom to strategize digital marketing campaigns, collaborate to bring ideas to life and make a social impact.
As a Social Media Intern, you will have the unique opportunity to make an impact at an early-stage social tech start-up and gain direct hands-on experience and exposure to all facets of social entrepreneurship, from business development, data analytics, marketing and more. You will work closely with the North Node team to help create, moderate, manage, analyze and optimize social channels of communications with the community and help identify, strategize and penetrate new mediums to market the North Node brand and deliver its core message to the user base. You will engage in a positive community-based culture that is committed to our goal of continuously working towards a humanitarian society advocating compassion, integrity and good citizenship.
Your Role and Responsibilities
North Node is hosting a virtual part-time Summer Internship looking to on-board a driven, energetic, friendly, communicative self-starter to assist on the social media marketing with brainstorming and executing campaigns in an intimate tech startup. The intern will help with expanding the North Node social platform, deepen community involvement and grow brand engagement and advocacy. Tasks include:
• Work with the founder to execute on a social media strategy through audience segmentation and messaging plan
• Build brand awareness and increase brand enthusiasm through digital marketing
• Enhance communications initiatives through the creation of interactive engaging content
• Harmonize the social media strategy with North Node’s core values
• Manage social media, content calendar, partnerships and inbound user interactions
• Engage followers and curate cool campaign ideas to create successful posts
Your Qualifications and Skills
• Marketing, Design or Communications (or any related field) Full-time Student or Recent Grad
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Sheets & Docs
• Social Media Savvy (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and Twitter)
• Strong Social Media Following on Personal Platforms
• Strong Written and Verbal Communications Skills
• Passion for Social Impact and Philanthropy
• Tech Experience preferred
North Node is willing to offer college students the internship in exchange for academic credit at the end of the program.
Please submit both a Cover Letter and Resume that show why you’re the best for this opportunity.