With the supervision of the Supervisors, as appropriate, the incumbent performs: Works trayline, portions and serves items for tray assembly, stocks trayline with dishes, delivers/retrieves meal trucks, portions beverages/dessert items for patient and/or function service, assembles late trays, answers telephone, sets up/clears functions and general cleaning. The incumbent performs duties and tasks in accordance with performance standards established for the job. The incumbent may have access to highly confidential patient, employee and/or CA Dean proprietary information, and must handle & protect the information in accordance with hospital & system policies, HIPAA requirements and the highest level of ethical standards. The incumbent is responsible for reporting all security events, potential events, or other security risks to the organization. The incumbent is responsible for participation in and completion of all patient safety initiatives appropriate to the position, and conducts all job responsibilities according to the Mission and Values of CA Dean Hospital.
1. Carries out appropriate trayline responsibilities as assigned:
• Prepares workstation in trayline by stocking necessary food, beverages, paper products, serving utensils so trayline starts on time and flow is not interrupted by missing items.
• Assembles patient trays in compliance with sanitation, presentation and accuracy guidelines.
• Maintains workflow so meal service is not delayed or disrupted.
• Cleans and restocks workstation after each trayline.
• Delivers patient trays to floor and patient rooms with 100% accuracy.
• Returns trucks containing patient trays on schedule so the flow of work for the dish room staff is not delayed or disrupted.
2. Carries out appropriate food preparation responsibilities as assigned:
• Prepares and portions food in compliance with standard portions and/or special requests. Labels and dates item accurately.
• Organize work to meet time deadlines for trayline, cafeteria service or special functions.
• Assembles and sends late trays to patient units in a timely manner.
• Sets up and delivers food for function requests.
3. Demonstrates knowledge of and shows ability to complete assigned dish room responsibilities.
• Demonstrates proper care and use of dish machine.
• Records dish machine temperatures accurately and according to schedule.
• Reports any malfunction of equipment to management staff.
• Demonstrates proper washing, handling, transporting, and storage of kitchen utensils, dishes, pots and pans.
• Follows proper policies and procedures for safety, sanitation and infection control.
• Inspects all dishes, containers, utensils, glassware, etc., after being washed and before using again.
• Uses safe practices in handling hazardous materials or broken glass.
• Demonstrates proper use of chemicals including use of personal protective devices when appropriate.
4. Demonstrates consistent practice of patient pantries stocking duties:
• Cleans refrigerator and food storage areas on on-going basis.
• Accurately delivers par stock to each unit rotating items and discarding outdated ones.
• Records refrigerator and freezer temperature daily.
• Maintains cleanliness and supplies on stock truck.
5. Department Sanitation Guidelines:
• Reports to work in clean uniform when scheduled.
• Demonstrates proper hand-washing procedures to protect against food borne illness.
• Cleans workstation on an on-going basis throughout the day, sweeps and mops the kitchen and cafeteria floors as assigned.
• Handles incoming and outgoing telephone communications.
• Maintains department sanitation related to trash pick-up and disposal.
6. Performs additional duties as required or assigned.
Competencies and skills:
* No previous experience required
Excellent communication skills essential
Food Protection Manager certification is preferred and will be required to obtain.
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status