This position allows for Unit Secretary Candidates and CNA Candidates
The Unit Secretary/Nursing Tech/Monitor Tech supports and utilizes the team concept in daily practice to maximize function of the unit, works with Department Head Nurse/RN to coordinate patient care activities, obtains, cleans and returns equipment and supplies, maintains medical records, performs unit secretary tasks generated by computerized order entry and performs the duties of the cardiac monitor tech to include; monitoring, running and documenting rhythm strips, reviewing memory banks, promptly notifying the nurse of patient rhythm changes, and assuring that monitors are watched by a qualified person at all times. Provide patient care within the scope of practice under the direction of an RN on assigned unit.
·Active and good standing Maine CNA License Required for Nursing Tech Position
· High school diploma or GED required
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
· Demonstrated history of exceptional customer service
· The successful completion of the monitor tech course preferred but will train
· Medical terminology in 6 months
· Must be adaptable in a fast paced, changing environment, possess exemplary customer service skills, and demonstrate consistent use of EMMC’s caring behaviors.
· Able to complete age specific competencies.
· BLS required.
· A strong history of teamwork and a positive attitude required.
· Must have high level of interpersonal and communication skills and be a demonstrated team player.