Work Type: Part Time Eligible
Hours: 20 hr/wk
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
The Telehealth Program Assistant provides support for the Agency’s telehealth program by installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining telehealth equipment in the patient’s home. Primary responsibilities include telehealth program support, patient contact, and performing field work for installs and service calls. Performance reflects the mission and values of Home Care & Hospice.
1.Telehealth Program Support
•Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with patients and follow up on their questions/concerns/messages.
•Demonstrates ability to successfully resolve telehealth customer issues, which may include, technical, and other inquires.
•Proactively seeks out solutions to problems.
•Accurately installs, replaces, tests, describes, and demonstrates use of telehealth equipment.
•Accurately collects telehealth installation paperwork, billing and payment information and maintains and safeguards program files as directed.
•Appropriate inventory control of all telehealth devices and following deactivation work Instructions.
•Provides new installs/termed telehealth subscriber forms accurately and timely to fiscal services or department leader so that financial data is accurately maintained.
•Conducts periodic scheduled inventory reviews of telehealth supplies and informs department leader when order needs to be placed.
•Utilizes critical thinking and organizing skills to ensure the organization’s compliance with any applicable State & Federal regulations.
•Maintains mileage log for travel.
•Acts in a cost-conscious manner regarding company expenses such as supplies and travel.
•Utilizes appropriate data entry systems.
•Accurately enters data, updates, and retrieves data from telehealth Provider Link database, assists with telehealth month-end reporting by accurately tracking installs and terminations, and makes sure that Provider Link is updated and accurate.
•Cleans and maintains telehealth units and equipment.
•Prepares documentation, using Microsoft applications, and schedules appointments using Microsoft Outlook.
•Responsible for timely processing of billing for LiveSAFE, including credit card payments, EIM clients, and sponsorship distribution request.
•Confirms receipt of active service plans for covered EIM subscribers and follows up with EIM Care Managers when there are questions.
•Tracks Free Trial LiveSAFE Subscribers and follows up regarding interest in subscribing at the end of the free trial.
•Answers all calls in professional and courteous manner.
•Copies, faxes, and scans business documents.
•Assists with annual Northern Light Health LiveSAFE mailing.
•Supports Caring Calls as needed, updating database and contacts, prints logs and reports as directed and covers calls in absence of volunteers.
•Other duties as assigned
Current license to drive in the state of Maine, with reliable transportation and agency required auto liability insurance. Must be able to travel within assigned region, or statewide, depending on the position.
Competencies and skills:
* 3+ years of relative work experience required.
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one’s behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization’s benefit.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences’ level.
* Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, database experience and other computer related skills.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Seeks Process Improvement & Applies System Thinking: Possesses and gains insight into situations, problems and processes. Understands the interconnection between organizational elements. Deconstructs problems and systematically investigates the various components. Considers the impact of actions on the entire process/system. Detects problems and opportunities, recognizes important information, and links various data to trace potential causes and relevant details.
* Serves Others: Strives to understand, meet and exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers which may include the people and communities in our service areas. Develops and maintains relationships, alliances and coalitions within and outside the organization and leverages them in order to obtain information, support, and promote cooperation and collaboration.
* Utilizes Resources Effectively: Understands how to get the most out of available resources and uses cost-benefit thinking in decision-making and in setting priorities. Monitors and analyzes resource usage to identify and eliminate areas of waste and maximize resources. As a leader, defines targets and provides appropriate means; oversees progress and makes adjustments when necessary. Appropriately delegates work, sets clear direction and manages workflow and time.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Need to drive to perform responsible duties.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Lifting, moving and loading less than 20 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status