Department: Patient Access Management
Position is located: Cross Insurance Center Vaccine Clinic (Bangor, Maine)
Work Type: Temporary Full Time (Benefit Eligible)
Hours per week: 40
Work Schedule: Variable (Tuesday to Saturday)
This position is onsite supporting the local community COVID-19 vaccination clinic!
The Patient Access Representative is the first contact many customers have with Eastern Maine Medical Center and they influence the effectiveness of the customer’s encounter with the hospital. The Patient Access Representative is to complete the preadmission process for all scheduled outpatients, inpatients, and outpatients occupying a bed.
• All preadmission interviews will be conducted by telephone entering information on-line during the interviews. During the phone interview, the Patient Access Representative will provide the patient with arrival times, directions, patient preps and special instructions.
• Ability to preregister for more than 60 clinical areas and physician practices.
• Excellent customer service is given using a call center technology effectively.
• The Patient Access Representative is also charged with obtaining complete and accurate insurance information prior to the patient’s arrival for services to allow for the timely billing of the patient’s health plan.
• The Patient Access Representative is responsible for understanding the complexities of health plans and the relationship between health plans e.g., Medicare, MaineCare, Commercial Insurances, Blue Cross, Worker’s Compensations, and self-pay.
• The Patient Access Representative is responsible for understanding and using more than nine computer systems in order to work efficiently.
• The Patient Access Representative is to have a general understanding of their role in the revenue cycle.