The NVFS Regional Housing Assistance Program (RHAP) provides services to individuals diagnosed with HIV or AIDS in the Northern Virginia Region. This program is a part of NVFS’ Housing & Homeless Service programs that work in partnership with other nonprofit organizations, Community Service Boards, Continuums of Care and County Housing and Community Development programs. These programs provide direct assistance and supportive services to support safe and stable housing for eligible households.
The Program Specialist performs complex and confidential administrative related functions to ensure the program’s operations flow smoothly. The Specialist will provide essential coordination and oversight relating to RHAP administrative requirements; work in collaboratively with RHAP’s case managers and program coordinator; and provide quality customer service to landlords, partners and program participants. The Specialist will assist in ensuring that the program is ready to respond to all requests for data and audits. All NVFS employees are expected to demonstrate the organizational values and sensitivity to the diversity of the organization’s client base.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain responsibility for general administrative support functions to the department to ensure efficient program processes and procedures in support of the RHAP Program.
- Answer phone calls and respond to requests from clients, landlords, non-profit partners and funders.
- Conduct comprehensive initial client screening process to determine eligibility for program services.
- Process client intake and enrollment when appropriate.
- Ensure that documentation is accurate and demonstrate eligibility for the program guidelines.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with landlords to ensure that payments are accepted and timely.
- Monitor, track and report on direct assistance and clients.
- Track, maintain, and ensure integrity of client information.
- Prepare monthly reports to county and other partners.
- Provide support in events planning.
- Prepare and assemble materials for various meetings.
- Assist with caseloads when Case Managers are absent.
- May be asked to carry a small caseload (up to four house households).
- May be assigned to the Ryan White Program to assist with above mentioned duties, as needed.
- Maintain files in accordance with program requirements and NVFS guidelines.
- Participate in regular supervision with Supervisor by providing regular updates.
- Maintain current level of knowledge on NVFS programs and events.
Qualification and Additional Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least one (1) year of related work experience in administrative support preferred
- Oral and written fluency in English required; bilingual skills a plus
- Must be able to interact effectively with landlords, including application of interviewing and negotiation principles and techniques
- Must have some knowledge of mathematics and accounting principles used in eligibility calculation
- Must be able to appropriately assess various client cases and situations and determine most appropriate course of action to ensure conformity with established eligibility guidelines
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel, required
- Successful completion of background checks required upon hire
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of a person so classified.
Northern Virginia Family Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant.