NXP’s System and Board Solutions organization plays an essential role in the company’s success by ensuring the delivery of high quality, scalable, cost-competitive technologies which create a competitive advantage for our customers.
The student intern will do the following activities:
- Create schematics, preliminary parts list (PPL), layout requirements; submit, archive and release these items through Agile meeting quality and schedule requirements
- Utilize a central Library to reuse design methodologies and leverage exiting designs and components for future projects and Collaborate with CAD team to implement library improvements
- Provide design expertise and regional support for BL silicon, application teams, and third parties
- Define architecture to implement design per Technical Requirements Document (TRD)
- Work with Marketing, Applications, CAD, Product Engineer, Test Engineer, and MPM to create a quality manufacturable product
- Complete Design Verification Test (DVT) in conjunction with BL, software teams, and test engineering
- Participate in peer reviews of schematics and layouts to improve products across Board Solutions
- Implement designs that are competitive with industry standards, high quality, cost effective, and delivered on time
- Improve core competency in board design technologies
- Escalate design related issues to Design Manager if necessary
- Only students returning to classes at the end of the internship term will be considered. If you are graduating in December or May, please look for “Entry Level” or “Graduate Hire” positions.
- Working towards a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with schematic design tools such as Cadence Orcad, Mentor Xpedition or Pads or other similar tools
- Moderate understanding of electrical components and design
- Experience with office tools such as Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
To be considered for an internship with NXP, you must be returning to school at the end of the internship term. If you are graduating prior to June 2021, please search for positions labeled “Graduate Hire” or “Entry Level”.