NXP is seeking an undergraduate candidate for a Summer Internship program, to support the front-end internal manufacturing organization at our Chandler Arizona factory location. The candidate will work alongside both the manufacturing operations team and the process engineering teams to enhance NXP’s manufacturing performance. Possible regular duties include:
- Learn and maintain equipment availability to meet manufacturing demand for throughput and cycle time.
- Learn and analyze equipment failure paretos to assist in creating action plans for improvement.
- Identify and execute actions for hard down critical equipment using proper troubleshooting/Six Sigma methodologies.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Maintenance, and Process teams to improve current procedures/documentation as well as develop new documentation following Standard Work Formats.
- Reduce defectivity mechanisms and improve Defect Dow Program metrics.
- Work with minimal supervision, balancing competing priorities, to serve the needs of the engineering and manufacturing communities.
- Pursuing a B.S. Degree in Metallurgy, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering discipline is required
- Strong background in SPC is required.
- Positive interpersonal skills, highly energetic and self motivated
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously and shift priorities to meet business needs
- Experience with application of structured problem solving methodology
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments and deliver results
- Experience with Design of Experiments is preferred.
- Experience with automated fault detection and control systems is preferred.
- Understanding of equipment component behavior is preferred.
In order to be considered for an internship with NXP, you must be returning to school (or graduating) at the conclusion of the internship term. If you are graduating prior to June 2021, please apply for positions labeled “Graduate Hire” or “Entry Level”.