Business Unit Description
NXP’s Technology (CTO) organization plays an essential role in the company’s success by ensuring the delivery of high quality, scalable, cost-competitive technologies and supply to create a competitive advantage for our customers.
The Packaging Innovation (PI) organization in CTO is responsible for the implementation of packaging solutions for new product introduction and new technology development for electronic packages for the varied business product lines.
- Work with packaging engineers to help define and validate packages used for new products for NXP.
- Potential working in the lab to perform tests and mechanical analysis to evaluate packages and materials used in package solutions.
- Potential working with the design team using CAD to define packages that will be used for new products.
- Potential working with Package Innovation team modeling package performance (thermal, mechanical, electrical)
- Address and solve design, materials and processing issues that may occur during the development process.
- B.S, M.S. or Ph.D. Candidate in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Ability to be a team player with positive attitude, self-driven, with good communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal).
- Working knowledge of CAD tools and/or Finite Element Simulation tools is a plus
- Working knowledge of various IC packages like QFP, QFN, BGA, flip chip, wafer level fan-in and fan-out is a plus.
- Knowledge of Statistical Analysis and Design of Experiment is a plus.
- Familiarity with reliability acceleration models (Arrhenius equation, Black’s equation) a plus.
- Knowledge of soldering and intermetallic compounds is a plus.
- Knowledge of organic chemistry – especially epoxy compounds is a plus.
- Willingness to learn new concepts and apply fundamental knowledge to engineering problems.
In order to be considered for an internship with NXP, you must be returning to school (or graduating) at the conclusion of the internship term. If you are graduating prior to June 2021, please apply for positions labeled “Graduate Hire” or “Entry Level”.