The Extrusion Technician will be responsible for ensuring that the products meet our customer’s needs, following work orders accurately, running the correct quantities and properly packaging and labeling products. The extrusion technician will also check for abnormalities in the products and notify the appropriate source to remediate the issue, run the product within the processing specs on the Quality Check Sheet and accurately record the information.
Nylabone is a division of Central Garden & Pet. We are on a mission to lead the future of the pet industry. The Company’s innovative and trusted products are dedicated to helping pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. Since 1955, Nylabone has been making the world’s best chew toys, long-lasting edible chews, and dental solutions for dogs of every age, breed, shape, and size. Nylabone chews best!
As a Co-Op student at Nylabone, you will have the chance to develop unique transferrable skills, included but not limited to:
· Quality Control and Assurance
· Manufacturing technology
· Organizational skills
· Extrusion machines technology
· Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
· Consistently and safely operate extrusion machines at or above standard levels of operation including safety, quality, efficiency, scrap, and utilization.
· Wears proper PPE.
· Complies with all Nylabone and plant-specific policies.
· Performs all job duties in a safe manner, abide by all safety rules and policies.
· Recognizes product defects and makes adjustments or repairs to equipment to make corrections.
· Troubleshoot new jobs and optimize current operations.
· Ensures the machine is stocked and running.
· Reports recurring defects and deficiencies with the production schedule, product and machine to management.
· Works to maintain a safe and clean work environment for co-workers.
· Work closely with other team members and assist others in interrelated tasks as needed or as assigned.
· Other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
· Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or other relevant programs. (preferred)
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
· Must have attention to detail, sense of urgency, be self-directed and display strong organizational skills.
· Familiarity with FDA, USDA, FISMA and cGMPs a plus, but not required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills.
Work involves exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, and/or loud noises. Considerable physical activity requires heavy physical work including heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50 pounds.
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China, and Canada – all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier, and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.