INJECTION MOLD TECHNICIAN
The Injection Molding Technician will be responsible for every aspect of the injection molding process, including start-up, shut down and troubleshooting of the injection molding processes and related equipment. The technician will ensure that the necessary adjustments are made to the equipment, so that the processes run efficiently.
Nylabone is a division of Central Garden & Pet. We are on a mission to lead the future of the pet industry. The Company’s innovative and trusted products are dedicated to helping pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. Since 1955, Nylabone has been making the world’s best chew toys, long-lasting edible chews, and dental solutions for dogs of every age, breed, shape, and size. Nylabone chews best!
As a Co-Op student at Nylabone, you will have the chance to develop unique transferrable skills, included but not limited to:
– Teamwork in a fast paced, high-volume industrial setting
– Multi-tasking and critical thinking
– Ability to work and interact with different departments within the organization, particularly with Manufacturing and R&D.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
· Responsible for all aspects of the injection molding process, including, but not limited to, set-up and tear down, troubleshooting, equipment maintenance and work flow.
· Working with production personnel and R&D to ensure molded components meet requirements, making adjustments as required.
· Providing molded components in a timely manner in order to ensure production and R&D schedules are met.
· Working with outside vendors to develop tooling and fixtures that result in the manufacturing of high quality products.
· Managing raw molding materials in a way that ensures traceability and prevents contamination.
· Generating documentation on molding runs that can be used to control traceability and ensure reproducibility.
· Working with R&D, Marketing, Quality, and Manufacturing Departments during concept, prototyping, and release of new products.
· Following established procedures in to order to maintain a clean and organized environment.
· Drafting and performing mold validations.
· Other assignments as requested.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
· Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or other relevant programs. (preferred)
· Candidate must have good organizational skills.
· Candidate must be proactive and show initiative in taking on and completing injection molding projects
· Candidate must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
· Candidate must have the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China, and Canada – all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.