The internship in Human Resources requires the student to work in designated departments of Human Resources to introduce the student to the overall operation of the organization. Through on-the-job experiential learning, the student will gain practical work experience and real-world exposure to the Human Resources environment while working under the guidance and supervision of successful professionals. Participation in various projects and learning experiences ensures the student becomes acquainted with and learns about various Human Resources department functions and operations. In the process, the student has the opportunity to learn and develop the necessary interpersonal and professional skills for entry into an organization’s Human Resource department.
We have internship opportunities available for Summer 2021. This is an unpaid internship.
1. Provide the student with meaningful and practical work experience while gaining a working knowledge of the various Human Resources functional responsibilities.
2. Develop a basic understanding of the role of Human Resources in an organization and how it operates.
3. Understand the importance of developing working relationships with colleagues and management staff as a Human Resources professional.
4. Sharpen professional skills, including: communication, problem solving, ability to work cooperatively with others, ethics, professional conduct, time-management, and any additional skills the Human Resources professional requires.
5. Learn Human Resources procedures, policy, processes, and related employment law.
The appropriate candidate must have:
1. Strong interest in Human Resources
2. Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resource Management, Business, or a related degree
3. Interpersonal savvy and the capacity to interact with all management and employee levels
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5. Effective presentation skills
6. Strong analytical abilities
7. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
8. Assist the Candidate Engagement Specialist in monitoring social channels and recognize, document, and report on social trends and metrics and collaborates to manage the social media calendar.
9. Prepare, schedule, and attend Social Roadshows at various locations throughout NYU Langone Health.
10. Work directly with the Candidate Engagement Specialist on Social Media initiatives, research and best practices.
11. Participate in various initiatives including the Best Employer Initiative.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Taslema Latif, Talent Acquisition Specialist via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.