· Temporary 8-10 week position, with an opportunity to be contracted longer
· Available immediately
· Located in Oakhurst, NJ
· Room and board provided for hires
· Reports to: Respite Supervisor, Program Coordinator or Summer Cabin Supervisor
Rising Treetops at Oakhurst is open all year, serving children and adults with special needs through our summer sleep away camp, year-round overnight respite (planned and emergency) and day respite care programs. Currently, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are providing limited services to maintain health and safety protocols including isolation and social distancing.
Respite Counselors at Rising Treetops at Oakhurst (RTO) are responsible to help clients with special needs make a successful adjustment to overnight respite or camp sessions at Rising Treetops at Oakhurst (RTO), to meet their physical care needs in a manner consistent with all RTO policies, procedures and standards, and to provide the clients with the opportunity to be engaged and enjoy adapted therapeutic recreational activities.
The Respite Counselor/Cook position will also perform kitchen duties, including preparing and serving up to 3 balanced, nutritious meals per day and one snack, as well as kitchen clean up and food order preparation. Our COVID-19 health and safety protocols require direct care workers, including respite counselors, to remain on our campus full-time while serving clients.
· High school diploma or GED required. Associates or Bachelors degree preferred.
· Experience working with people with disabilities in a residential facility preferred.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs.
· Food Service: 1-3 years
· Food & Beverage Management Experience
· Valid Driver’s license preferred
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $705.00.00 per week