About the Role
The Restaurant Host/Hostess will be responsible for controlling the flow of the restaurant through awareness of business needs/volumes, station assignments, breaks, etc.
- Maintain established company and Departmental uniform, appearance, and hygiene standards at all times
- Maintain a clean and organized work station at all times.
- Side work duties must be completed as assigned and also completed in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner
- Answering phones according to established standards
- Booking of reservations utilizing the company reservation system
- Assist with station assignments, rotation planning, and opening/closing/securing the room at shift change or according to established hours of operation, etc.
- Awareness of all activities in the dining room
- Knowledge of safety/guest liability procedures for guests and employees
- Use of radios with headsets and earpieces for communication may be utilized in designated outlets.
- Proper radio and telephone etiquette is mandatory.
- Exposure to casino related environmental factors including but not limited to second hand smoke, excessive noise, and stress related to servicing customers in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Shift assignments may be irregular, and will cover days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to multi-task including but not limited to answering the phone, greeting guests, rearranging reservations, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English
- High school diploma or equivalent GED is preferred
- Must have a minimum of six months’ experience as a host/hostess in a high volume and/or fine dining environment.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment