About the Role
The Restaurant Server is responsible for serving all guests according to established standards of quality.
· Maintain established company and Departmental uniform, appearance, and hygiene standards at all times
· Must be able to work with a computerized POS system for order entry, pre-check functions, etc.
· Completes all set-up and closing duties in a timely fashion
· Is familiar with all pre-check and cashiering procedures; presents check to guest and collects payment
· Adheres to state liquor laws
· Relays guest complaints/compliments to the appropriate supervisor
· Observes diners to respond to additional requests and to determine when meal is completed
· Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility
· Knowledge of safety/guest liability procedures for guests and employees
· Exposure to casino related environmental factors including but not limited to second hand smoke, excessive noise, and stress related to servicing customers in a high pressure and fast paced environment
· Shift assignments may be irregular, and will cover days, nights, weekends and holidays
· Must be able to lift and carry small and large trays weighing up to 50 pounds repeatedly
· Ability to effectively communicate in English
· Prior wine knowledge is preferred but not required
· High school diploma or equivalent GED is preferred
· Must have a minimum of six months’ experience as a server in a high volume and/or fine dining environment.
· Ability to work in a high pressure environment