1. Oversees and participates in the Federal verification process, including special circumstance reviews, C-code and reject resolution, dependency overrides and professional judgements.
2. Performs student loan processes, including entrance/exit counseling, interfacing with COD and NSLDS, and monitoring default aversion activities.
3. Awards and adjusts federal and state aid in accordance with federal and state regulations.
4. Provides accurate and confidential financial aid counseling and guidance to students, prospective students and parents.
5. Serves on Satisfactory Academic Progress(SAP) appeals committee; reviews appeal documents for accuracy and completeness prior to submission.
6. Provides educational benefits guidance and assistance to Veterans, active or reserve military personnel and military dependents.
7. Maintains current knowledge in all aspects of financial aid including changes to federal and state regulations, participating in annual trainings, professional organizations, and conferences to keep abreast of new information and program changes to be implemented.
8. Provides outstanding customer service to students, parents, staff and community; responds promptly to requests for service and assistance.
9. Participates in open houses, information sessions, financial aid workshops and other related events both on and off-campus.
10. Related projects and duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Two years higher education experience in the administration of financial aid.
3. Ability to excel in team and individual settings; provide support for verification processing, federal, state, and Veterans educational benefits programs.
4. Two years of recent experience using Microsoft Office Suite and a student database platform, and an electronic financial aid system requiring the ability to prepare detailed reports and documents and deliver basic training on required systems.