1. Assists Dean and designated administrators by supporting department operations, providing general assistance to those seeking information about or services offered by the department and serving as a department liaison with college personnel, faculty, students and the general public
2. Performs a variety of confidential office and student/faculty support functions that require a more in depth understanding of academic policies, practices and procedures; uses knowledge to elevate non-routine student inquiries and situations to the appropriate parties
3. Creates, prepares, proofs and updates a variety of intermediate to complex correspondences, documents, reports, manuals and informational materials as well as website content using required computer software or systems.
4. Maintains the department calendar, schedules appointments, classes and faculty observations, attends meetings and prepares notes, coordinates events, seminars, presentations, workshops and meetings
5. Secures physical classroom and event space, maintains student records, and performs other related functions on applicable computer systems, software and/or databases 6. Provides support for faculty observation process and distributes evaluation notices
7. Participates in and coordinates print orders, assigned mailings and special communication projects and ensures distribution or dissemination of the information occurs within the established deadlines
8. Provides assistance with the drafting and updating of office procedures and uses acquired knowledge to help mentor or train other technicians or orient newly hired employees on standard office procedures
9. Process purchase orders and reconciles invoices; provides assistance with oversight of the department’s budget
10. Related duties, projects and initiatives.
1. Associate’s Degree
2. Three years of department or office operations support/client service experience handling a high volume of tasks and inquiries requiring a similar level of problem-solving and/or prioritizing skills and the ability to handle and safeguard confidential information and records
3. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and prior database experience that required the ability to create standard reports; retrieve records; create, proof and prepare accurate complex documents, correspondences, and emails within established deadlines; and track department schedules, meetings and deliverables; and learn a variety of technology systems used within the College as they evolve
4. Prior experience coordinating events and meetings; taking and preparing transcribed notes; providing assistance to multiple parties at the same time; and utilizing mathematical computations to prepare accurate financial forms and/or reports
5. Demonstrated ability to establish positive relationships with the general public and other constituents served and excellent verbal and written communication skills