1. Processes student loans and coordinates all related daily activities including but not limited to: processing loan materials, assisting students, monitoring the work flow of documents, emails, etc. and evaluates the efficiency of the process and implements approved changes.
2. Maintains confidentiality of data and information provided and ensures the documentation processed through all financial aid systems are secure, accurate and meet compliance standards by staying on top of changes, particularly those relating to student loans and verification processes, policies, procedures and federal guidelines.
3. Serves as a department liaison by providing timely and professional customer service to walk-in and scheduled visitors and elevates non-routine inquiries or situations to the appropriate parties.
4. Oversees the loan eligibility processes including Entrance/Exit guidance, loan denials, and default management requirements.
5. Provides guidance to students and families regarding Financial Aid programs and how the process works.
6. Supports operations by processing financial aid applications, entering data regarding relevant documents, completing the verification process and packaging awards.
7. Provides assistance with the NJSTARS program verification and related processes including review of applications
8. Processes grants, scholarships, loans, student employment programs and outreach information
9. Related duties, projects and initiatives as assigned.
1. Associate’s Degree
2. Three years Financial Aid experience in a busy post-secondary academic environment with a high volume of customer service tasks and inquiries requiring a similar level of problem-solving and/or prioritizing skills and a thorough knowledge of federal and state regulations and federal and private loan procedures.
4. Two years of recent Microsoft Office Suite and database experience that required the ability to create professional documents, standard reports and maintain accurate data/records.