Under the direction of store management, the Receiver performs a range of duties to meet the needs of customers and the business. Primary duties include maintaining the receiving and stock room area according to company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Protection of company assets
- Daily communication/interaction with Store Management regarding the workload.
- Receiving by company standards, all incoming freight, i.e. warehouse deliveries and any direct deliveries.
- Sorting and distributing freight destined for the sales floor in an organized manner following company equipment usage rules.
- Maintaining a 24-36 hour freight flow (24 hour in stores receiving daily trucks)
- Maintaining an organized, disciplined receiving area.
- Receives shipments following all company policies and procedures.
- Ensures all merchandise billed is received using current receiving programs (skid counts), physical counts on select high ticket merchandise.
- Ensures pricing and merchandise preparation handled in the receiving area conforms to company standards (pricing may vary by state).
- Oversees – trains associates, temporary or permanent, assigned to the receiving area.
- Is flexible with hours worked to ensure there is coverage 5 or 6 days per week, including early A.M. or late P.M. hours due to delivery schedules.
- Maintains a clean receiving area daily.
- Controls any fixtures stored in or near the receiving area.
- Interacts with the store personnel as a daily routine in the process of moving and accounting for merchandise.
- Responsible for keeping all merchandise stored in receiving organized a (by dept., category, and item) and accessible.
- Ensures the receiving area is ready for year-end inventory.
- Ensures the company’s recycling program is followed.
- Responsible for ensuring all RTW’s (Return to Warehouse), transfers, recalls, damaged returns and any other outgoing shipments are handled to company standard.
- Any other functions/activities as directed by Store Management.