REPORTS: Director of Recovery Services
DEPARTMENT : Clinical
FLSA CODE : Non-Exempt
PRIMARY DUTY: Direct Care
PROGRAM: Recovery Center
The Recovery Coach provides recovery-oriented guidance and coaching to Recovery Center members through wellness planning and referrals to other community-based services. The Recovery Coach documents all provided services in a manner that is compliant with regulatory and funding agents.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to the development of the ethical framework for delivery of peer mentoring recovery services and conducts all peer mentoring activities within this framework.
- Contributes to the development of the peer mentor’s manual.
- Assists Recovery Center members in completing a Wellness Plan.
- Provides guidance, support and recovery coaching for participant members as each plan and engages in recovery activities and support services.
- Maintain monthly contact with members for at least one-half hour.
- Attends monthly Recovery Coach support group.
- Helps to facilitate recovery support groups as needed.
- Maintains contact log.
- Conducts educational presentations for providers of local recovery support services, prospective volunteers, and prospective members.
- Eligible to serve on Consumer Advisory Board.
REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION/TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Familiarity with the project’s ethical framework for peer mentoring recovery services and the Recovery Self-Assessment and Planning Guide.
- A minimum of six months of community-based recovery with at least six consecutive months of abstinence at the time of enrollment.
- Good interpersonal skills, enthusiastic about recovery.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Some local travel required.
- Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA) certification, to be obtained within six months of hire.