Social Impact Intern
Position Title: Impact Department Intern
Reports To: Head of Social Impact
Employment Classification: Intern
Positions supervised: None
Works Closely with: All Social Impact Department Staff
Intern schedule: Oct 1st – December 3rd (2-3 days a week); start date flexible.
Odyssey Impact is a team of exceptional film and social justice professionals who believe that powerful documentaries can motivate people to do great things. We strategically build and execute social impact campaigns around award-winning documentaries, to inspire people of all faiths and goodwill to engage with their communities on important social issues. Our uniqueness lies in our ability to mobilize individuals, communities of all faiths, changemakers, influencers, and private sector partners to nurture justice, hope, compassion and understanding. Our social impact campaigns address issues at the heart of our society, including: poverty, gun violence, mass incarceration, racial justice, intolerance, hate crimes, and gender violence.
Odyssey Impact is proud to offer undergraduate and graduate students a chance to gain valuable experience in the social impact field. Interns develop subject matter expertise in social justice issues of crucial importance, support research and content creation for Odyssey Impact’s featured films, and assist with outreach to prospective campaign partners. Interns also have the unique chance to participate in a special project, which empowers them to design and implement impact-driven campaigns throughout the duration of their program. Former interns have used this opportunity to spearhead college screening initiatives, create new social media accounts, develop discussion guides, and organize marquee screening events.
Are you passionate about multimedia storytelling and social justice? If so, you’re our ideal candidate: an intern seeking experience in the emergent and exciting area of social impact media and documentary film distribution.
As an intern, you will:
- Develop subject matter expertise in social-justice issues of crucial importance.
- Research potential campaign and screening partners for our featured films, including nonprofit, faith-based and educational organizations.
- Assist with email, phone and in-person outreach to prospective screening and social impact partners.
- Support content creation and maintenance of social media accounts.
- Support film screening events.
- Utilize Qualtrics survey software to capture audience feedback and assist with data analysis.
- Assist with distribution of campaign materials to film screening partners.
You’ll also bring key skills and interests to the table:
- You have a passion for film and social justice.
- You have excellent research, writing and phone communication skills.
- You have fluency in all major social media platforms, as well as all standard office software, including Microsoft Office, G-Suite and Adobe programs.
- You have a strong capacity for follow-through and self-direction, with a willingness to hit the ground running on independent projects.
- You’re good humored, with a penchant for problem-solving and resourcefulness, even under deadline pressure.
- You must be eligible to work in the United States.
- You must be available to work remotely.
- You may be eligible for academic credit from your university/college.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail a one-page cover letter and one-page resume to the Social Impact Department at email@example.com with “Fall 2021 Internship” in the subject line. The cover letter should include how your studies relate to and could benefit from an internship at Odyssey Impact. Emails without the requisite subject line and cover letters and resumes longer than one page or with typographical or proofreading errors will not be considered.
Interested candidates please apply no later than September 30, 2021; however, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Odyssey Impact demonstrates its commitment to diversity with over 30 years’ experience promoting multi-faith dialogue and cooperation. In addition to being a safe space for people of all faiths to have their voices & stories heard and respected, Odyssey Impact is dedicated to revealing and challenging racial injustice through our films and campaigns and in being an inclusive and collaborative environment for all, regardless of one’s race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, disability, age, or ideology.
Learn more about Odyssey Impact at https://www.odyssey-impact.org/