What we’re looking for…
- OEC Group is looking for college students with an interest in the Logistics/Supply Chain industry! The ideal candidate would be someone looking to continue this internship throughout the school year. The hours worked are flexible based on your class schedule!
- The Operations Intern is responsible for assisting the Traffic, Customer Service and Sales Support departments with their daily workflow. Please note this internship is in Queens, NY so candidates should only apply if they have reliable transportation and are able to commute to the office each day.
OEC Group is offering a paid internship.
About OEC Group
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in New York and branches throughout Asia, North America, and Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market. OEC Group provides our customers with import and export services, as well as, door-to-door services for both international and domestic needs. We remain competitive by offering a wide range of logistics services, including: ocean and air freight, rail, trucking, warehousing and distribution, customs brokerage, cargo insurance and more.
OEC Group provides a fun, family-oriented work culture. We are a well-established company that is continually growing and looking for strong team players. We often host company outings such as team dinners, holiday parties, company picnics, and team building activities! Here at OEC Group we identify the following to be our 5 main Core Values:
- Community: OEC is a family-oriented company, and we value our employees’ efforts to help grow and support one another as a unified community.
- Teamwork: We work together to support each other’s successes, interests and goals by sharing knowledge and resources.
- Customer Experience: We focus on helping both our internal and external customers succeed, acting in our customer’s best interests while striving to understand their needs and exceed their expectations.
- Work Ethic: Passion is at the heart of OEC. We hold ourselves accountable in our everyday work, and we strive to do the best we can.
- Innovation: We believe innovation is essential for growth. Continuous improvement will bring OEC and our people to a better future.
About the Position
Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Tracks and traces containers each day from port to the final destination.
- Provides the proper Delivery Orders to the parties involved in the final delivery of the containers.
- Document the correct agreed upon rate for the delivery and enter into our system Freightstream (FMS).
- Communicates the delivery process / timeline within OEC as well as within FMS.
- Provides general support to customers and other departments as questions arise.
- Coordinates with Account Executive(s) to generate new leads/quotations and improve/optimize their sales process.
- Develops presentations for Account Executive(s) to present to potential customers.
New York Office 9:00 am – 6:00 pm EST; (Please note the hours are flexible based on school schedule but the intern must work at least 20 hours and no more than 30 hours per week)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Looking for candidates with good follow up abilities, strong organizational skills, and email communication skills.
Education & Experience
Must be enrolled as an Undergraduate (Junior or Senior) or Graduate student; preferred major in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Operations, Business Administration, International Business, Transportation Management, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and requires the ability to speak and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for data entry.
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.