What we’re looking for…
- OEC Group is currently looking for entry level candidates with insurance sales experience. A marine insurance background is a big plus!
About OEC Group
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in New York and branches throughout Asia, North America, and Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market. OEC Group provides our customers with import and export services, as well as, door-to-door services for both international and domestic needs. We remain competitive by offering a wide range of logistics services, including: ocean and air freight, rail, trucking, warehousing and distribution, customs brokerage, cargo insurance and more.
Perks & Benefits of OEC Group
After successfully completing and passing a standard 90-day introductory period the employee is provided with the following benefits package. This includes:
- Full Health Insurance Coverage (Medical Vision and Dental) – Paid for by the company
- Life and Accidental Insurance Coverage
- Vacation/ Personal/ Floating Days
- Annual Performance review and opportunity for salary adjustment and bonus (contingent upon company financials and on-the-job performances)
- After 1 full year of employment: 401K Retirement Plan with up to 3% company match
OEC Group provides a fun, family-oriented work culture. We are a well-established company that is continually growing and looking for strong team players. We often host company outings such as team dinners, holiday parties, company picnics, and team building activities! Here at OEC we identify the following to be our 5 main Core Values:
- People Make OEC: We value our people and the relationships in OEC where we always grow and support each other as a unified team.
- We Care so We Share: We care about people’s interests and happiness, so we share valuable resources and celebrate success together.
- Customer Driven: We are driven to help both our internal and external customers succeed. In every interaction and with every service, we act in our customers’ best interests – striving to understand their needs and exceed their expectations.
- Passion: Passion is at the heart of OEC. We have passion for our work, our wins, and being accountable in everyday tasks.
- Change to Improve: We believe change is essential for growth. Continuous improvement brings OEC and our people to a better future.
About the Position
Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Issues insurance certificates
- Prepares and audits monthly insurance report
- Distributes insurance exception report to management team
- Assists Customer Service and Operations departments with insurance setup
- Engages in direct sales with clients
- Supports sales representatives when needed
- Assists trainings Sales, Operations, and Customer Service departments on insurance
- Contributes ideas and materials to improve client facing meetings
New York Office 9:00 am – 6:00 pm EST
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Looking for candidates with good follow up abilities, strong organizational skills, and email communication skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- One to three years of related insurance sales experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and requires the ability to speak and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for data entry.
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.