Role and Responsibilities
Rutgers-Newark’s Office of Communications is looking for enthusiastic, versatile, creative photographers to join our growing communications team. Main tasks include:
· Capturing photos of on-campus, and possibly off-campus events as well as headshots, group
shots and landscapes as assigned.
· Supporting RU-N’s social media platforms with photos
· Adding and editing hi-res photos to create albums on RU-N’s page
· Creating unique, compelling graphics and printed materials for a variety of projects including,
but not limited to, flyers, program booklets, banners, and brochures
· Handle external requests for locating images
*Other tasks may occur after hours or on a weekend day. Ample notice will be given.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Paid positions are open to any matriculating Rutgers-Newark student with demonstrable experience in photography and graphic design. The ability to create animated graphics is a big plus.
Photoshop or similar image editing software, working knowledge of image lighting and angles, understanding of digital publishing and social media, sound editorial judgment, capability to tackle assignments independently but work collaboratively as part of a team, ability to learn fast and turn feedback into action, the adeptness to create a comfort zone for people who may be uncomfortable in front of the camera.
Applicants must commit to working 20 hours per week.
Jeff Billingsley, Assistant Director of Communications, email@example.com