Business Development Intern (Los Angeles)
At Oishii, we grow the best fruit in the world by deploying ground-breaking vertical farming technology that pushes the boundaries of agriculture. We’re the first in the world to grow fruit in an indoor vertical farm at commercial scale. Our proprietary technology, developed through years of intensive research in Japan and the US, enables us to grow the very best produce year-round, at the same high level of quality, all without using any pesticides. We believe in a future where agriculture is resource efficient, climate resilient and globally accessible. Since raising our $50mm series A funding from leading investors, we have rapidly expanded our farm facilities and assembled a world-class team with backgrounds spanning vertical farming, industrial automation, farm operations, and data analysis. Oishii has been profiled in Eater, NPR, Time, and Fortune. If you’re interested in building the farm of the future with us, we look forward to hearing from you!
About the role:
If you are seeking to accelerate your career in indoor agriculture at the most innovative vertical farming company, this Business Operations Internship is for you. You’ll help establish and grow our Los Angeles operations. You’ll experience multiple facets of business operations, this includes scoping and supporting product collaborations with partners, executing marketing projects, conducting competitive analysis of markets, and running tasting events. You’ll also represent the brand in deliveries to partners and customers such as Michelin star restaurants, celebrities and everyday consumers. You’ll be working out of our Los Angeles location, 15 minutes away from the famed Santa Monica.
What you’ll do:
- Learn from and report directly to the General Manager of the Los Angeles operations
- Support in product delivery to Michelin star restaurants, celebrities and customers
- Handle deliveries to retail accounts, specialty stores, and individual customers’ apartments/homes
- Communicate promptly, effectively, and respectfully with all accounts/customers and members of the Oishii Business team
- Facilitate feedback as necessary between accounts/customers and Oishii team
- Run tasting and sales events
- Execute and support marketing and brand activation events
- Scope and support product collaborations with partners
- Conduct competitive analysis into potential markets
Who you are:
- You have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and a personal vehicle in good condition for handling deliveries that is covered with personal car insurance
- You are a passionate go-getter with innovative ideas and a problem solving mindset
- You’re interested in vertical farming and want to make a difference in food security and sustainability.
- You’re a meticulous, self-motivated team player with a positive attitude – everyone at Oishii is a joy to work with!
- You’re a great communicator and display strong leadership potential.
- You are an active and dynamic person; a desk job isn’t your thing.
- You are determined to overcome obstacles and don’t choose the easy path.
- You can work 5 weekdays a week
- You’re authorized to work in the US.
- Start date: Immediate / ASAP
- Location: Culver City, Los Angeles
For more information, reach out to email@example.com.