One Medical is a membership-based primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy access to comprehensive care at more than 80 locations across twelve cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care. We’ve reached some exciting milestones this year, but our work is far from over. As we continue to grow and broaden our impact, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
As an intern on the One Medical Real Estate team, you will help build the future of healthcare. As One Medical expands in existing markets and enters into new markets, you will support One Medical’s ambitious growth plans to transform healthcare for all. With the support of the Real Estate Analytics & GIS Manager, you will learn about the real estate lifecycle, analyze geospatial data, and provide actionable insights relating to One Medical’s real estate growth and strategy.
The Real Estate team at One Medical is responsible for all facets of the real estate lifecycle, including site analysis, lease negotiation, design, construction, lease administration and facility maintenance. The internship position will focus on One Medical’s real estate analytics programs, providing best-in-class modeling and research that provide valuable insights supporting One Medical’s real estate expansion. You will also be involved with cross-functional projects which require geospatial analytics and mapping to teams from marketing, operations, finance, data science and analytics.
You are the ideal candidate if you have an interest in real estate and geospatial analytics, like working with others to tackle complex problems, have a creative mind and continually seek process improvement.
What you’ll likely work on:
- Supporting high-level geospatial analysis to forecast membership, performing competitive analysis to understand market trends, and helping create market plans to form One Medical’s real estate strategy.
- Participating in internal projects that require geospatial and/or financial analysis; including membership forecasting and cannibalization analysis, post-opening performance audit, competitor impact analysis, new market cost benefit analysis, and real estate pipeline reporting.
- Playing an instrumental role in the Real Estate approval process, helping to prepare presentation material and maps.
- Shadowing our real estate development process, including real estate analysis, lease negotiation, design, construction, lease administration and facilities management.
What you’ll need:
- Must have at least two years of university completed, preferably with a concentration in Geography or GIS (preferred) while open to Statistics, Business or other quantitative disciplines
- Hands-on experience using GIS software such as MapInfo, ArcGIS, or QGIS is preferred
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new technology platforms and tools quickly
- Knowledge of and experience with statistical analysis and data visualization with the use of software such as Tableau, Alteryx, R, Excel, PowerPoint is a plus
- Knowledge of using SQL and relational databases is a plus
This is a paid hourly internship, 40-hour per week for at least eight weeks. Our 2021 internship program is currently set up as a virtual internship (subject to change) in which interns can be located in any state that we operate in, however your core hours will align with the standard business hours for the team you are working with during your internship.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.