This position is responsible for assisting the Summer Day Camp Director with the summer day camp programs. Performs intermediate skilled clerical work planning, organizing and supervising various activities for children; does related work as required. Work is performed under regular supervision of the Summer Day Camp Director.
Camps are located at various locations within Onslow County. Currently recruiting for the Dixon, Southwest, Hunters Creek, Swansboro and Summersill location.
Note: These are temporary seasonal positions to work up to 40 hours a week for the period of mid-June through mid-August during ten weeks of camp, 7am- 6pm.
Note: This is a temporary, summer position with NO benefits
Assists with planning, organizing and supervising summer day camp activities; provides input concerning program needs; maintaining records and files.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Assists in conducting various educational activities, programs, field trips, etc.
- Provides oversight for camp participants.
- Assists with ensuring adequate resources are planned, requested, and available for activities.
- Enforces policies and procedures of the summer camp program, Parks and Recreation, and Onslow County.
- Assists with maintaining records and provides reports on a periodic basis as required.
- Assists with evaluating program needs and reporting.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Some knowledge of recreational sports and activities for children and youth; general knowledge of first aid practices and techniques; some knowledge of modern principles and practices of recreation and physical education; ability to resolve disputes with firmness and impartiality; ability to communicate effectively ideas both orally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with County and community officials, associates, volunteers and the general public.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or GED with 1 to 2 years of related experience.
- CPR certification preferred or ability to obtain when hired.