We are considering current students interested in a seasonal summer position to gain hands-on patient care experience. In this position, you will be responsible for excellent customer service, compassionate care and constant professionalism while working with patients. You will have direct contact with patients performing preliminary testing in preparation for the eye exam and support our doctors.
You will receive on the job training, and the position may be extended into the fall semester on a full-time or part-time basis.
As part of the OOMC team, you will be part of a well-known ophthalmology practice in Northern New Jersey for excellent clinical outcomes.
- Use diagnostic testing equipment to obtain imaging and scans including visual field, autorefractor, and OCT
- Maintain cleanliness of all testing and exam rooms
- Assist co-workers to ensure an efficient clinic flow
- Ensure patient satisfaction is top priority in all job duties performed
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner
- Escorts patients to appropriate area (i.e., reception area, dilating room, cataract testing, etc.)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent English verbal and written communication
- Strong familiarity with medical terms
- Strong computer and typing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Adhere to HIPAA and other compliance guidelines
OOMC is a leading provider of high quality medical and surgical eye care for the NJ, NY, PA, DE, and MD area since 1986. Our practice has 26 locations, 80 doctors, every sub-specialty in ophthalmology, and over 500 employees. Our physicians treat over 75,000 patients annually and perform over 25,000 surgeries/year. Our practices have state of the art clinical equipment and continually invest in new technology.