$250 SIGN-ON BONUS AS SOON AS YOU HIT 20 HOURS WORKED! OSH is urgently hiring compassionate Direct Support Professionals in the Philadelphia, PA area! We are looking for candidates who are Spanish speaking. Also, looking for applicants who have Driver’s License, their own vehicle and would be comfortable driving consumers in their vehicle to run errands or go to appointments.
About Open Systems Behavioral Health: OSBH is a home healthcare agency dedicated to providing homecare that empowers people living with Intellectual and Development Disabilities, hiring Direct Support Professionals who share our same passion for exceptional home care, as well as ensuring the highest level of home care compliance. Our corporate mission is to promote choice, control and dignity for our care recipients. We believe that all individuals have the right to make decisions about their own lives, be active in their communities, actively choose their home care services, live with dignity, get the support they need at home, make ongoing choices while controlling their home care services, and expect equal access to social, economic and political opportunities.
Position Overview: For Direct Support Professionals (DSP) to provide direct client care as assigned by Open Systems Behavioral Health (OSBH) in the client home and community. DSPs will provide quality, safe and effective home care services while adhering to the independent living philosophy and the Client Bill of Rights. To administer the home care services that reflect OSH’s philosophy and mission statement.
As a Direct Support Professional, you will have the following benefits:
- Weekly, overtime, and holiday compensation
- Competitive wages
- Flexible schedule
- Paid trainings
- Pay raise potential
- Mileage reimbursement
- Medical & dental benefits
- Referral bonus program
- Employee discount program
- Employee assistance program
As a Direct Support Professionals, your responsibilities will include :
- Provide personal care services, including activities of daily living, within the scope of practice outlined by OSH.
- Ensure quality and safe delivery of personal care services.
- Participate in the implementation of client’s plan of care in accordance to OSH policy and procedures.
- Provide home care services that reflect client’s plan of care.
- Communicate all relevant client information with OSH in a confidential and timely manner.
- Ensure accurate documentation of services provided.
- Comply with Federal, State and Local Laws.
- Comply with all OSH policy and procedure requirements.
Qualifications to be a Direct Support Professional include:
- High School diploma or GED equivalency, where applicable.
- Two satisfactory and verifiable references (including name, phone number and details on working relationship)
- Evidence of Tuberculosis screening that meets CDC guidelines.
- Successful completion of the training/competency program.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
- Able to work in a stressful work environment.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation.
- Adequate communication skills.
- Recognizing emergencies and knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Maintenance of clean, healthy and safe environment.
- The physical, emotional and developmental needs of and ways to work with populations served by OSH including, the need for respect for the client and his or her privacy.