Engineering Specialist 2 – Asset Specialist
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery & Operations Division – Engineering & Technical Services Branch
Traffic-Roadway Section / Roadway Engineering Unit
Are you knowledgeable of asset management? Do you have experience working with data? We are recruiting for two asset specialists to collect, maintain and report on critical Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and roadway assets. Apply today to join us in making in a difference!
Click here to learn more about engineering for accessibility.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
- Perform and maintain statewide field inventory, recording and data entry of highway features data.
- Create and deliver presentations regarding guidelines, information and requirements for the ADA program.
- Measure the dimensions and percent grades of highway features.
- Conduct inspections to determine the physical condition and functional condition of highway features.
- Mine highway feature data from the digital video log and interpret and derive highway feature data from highway project construction plans.
- Compile, record, and enter data into Excel files and input collected inventory data into TransInfo database.
- Conduct quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) of highway feature data.
- Prepare various reports and respond to customer inquiries regarding inventory data.
- Conduct training on data collection and statewide inventory processes.
- Maintain the field and office data collection manuals for ADA and roadway assets.
- Perform pilot projects to test new data collection processes or statewide highway feature inventories procedures.
- Possible extensive overnight travel in the summer months, along with frequent travel required throughout the year.
- Work is performed 75% of the time in the field with exposure to traffic and possible adverse weather and in a typical office environment 25% of the time.
- Field work may involve extensive walking, bending or stooping on sidewalks or next to roadways to inspect curb ramps on a daily basis.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.state.or.us.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
What we need:
An associate’s degree in engineering technology from a community college or technical school of engineering and two years of experience directly related to engineering.
Three and one-half years (42 months) of sub-professional engineering experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Note: If you are currently a transportation maintenance specialist 2 (TMS 2) or have been one in the past, in addition to your completed application, please attach section three of your TMS 2 position description to receive full credit for your related work. If your experience includes work in multiple maintenance disciplines (e.g. highway, sign, bridge, striping or landscape) please attach section three of the position description for each of the relevant disciplines.
Driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Knowledge of asset management.
- Experience in using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience in gathering information, organizing that information, and preparing reports drawn from that information.
Learn more and apply:
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on July 28, 2021.
Click here to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 971-273-8687 or email ODOTRecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer