Purpose and Job Summary
OREC is currently seeking to hire Analysts for its Associate Development Program (“ADP”) at its Columbus, Ohio headquarters. Participants in the ADP will undergo a comprehensive internal training program in commercial real estate, credit analysis and OREC products, with exposure to the multifamily, affordable, and seniors sectors. Upon completion of this initial training, ADP participants will work closely with these areas of the business on various aspects of production and underwriting support prior to direct placement in one of these groups.
As a growing firm with expanding services, there is excellent potential for professional development and promotion within the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform comprehensive financial analysis for transactions
- Creation of credit profiles, mortgage insurance applications and corresponding exhibits, offering memoranda, management and board presentations, pitch books and other material relevant to originating and executing leveraged finance, private financings, M&A and financial advisory transactions
- Participation in all stages of deals from engagement to closing, including day-to-day interactions with internal team and staff, clients, agencies, investors and other funding participants
- Provide support to loan originators and underwriters as necessary to help facilitate the due diligence process
- Develop and apply a basic knowledge of OREC programs, requirements, policies and procedures, and other mortgage and finance programs offered by OREC
- Involvement in corporate and strategic initiatives as the need arises
- Work professionally and harmoniously with team and coworkers
- Committed to upholding and emulating the ORIX USA core values, which are: Pursue Excellence, Seize Opportunity, Live Honorably, Create Value, and Thrive Together
- Other projects and duties as assigned
This position has frequent contact with all levels of employees and management. In addition, this role may interact with outside business partners, vendors, consultants, and other office visitors.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, real estate, or related field required
- FINRA Securities Industry Essentials required within first 60 days of start date
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (with emphasis on Microsoft Excel)
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize assignments, and to meet critical and established deadlines; Ability to manage multiple assignments ant transactions simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and to use discretion in the performance of daily activities
- Professional business image and excellent command of the English language, both verbally and in writing (spelling, grammar, and punctuation)
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a high-performance team
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and constant interruptions; Ability to adjust priorities in a changing environment
- Formal education, internship or work experience in commercial real estate or in sectors served by the firm preferred
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
ORIX USA is an equal opportunity employer, providing equal employment opportunities (EEO), and is committed to diversifying its workforce. All employees and applicants for employment will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.